September 9-15, 2012
This week, I urge you to commit to participate no matter the inconvenience. The reason is so you can see what it takes to live missionally. Of course we all know that there’s no special formula for how to love people, but I propose a few flexible ideas for you. Adapt them to your context, but make sure you do them. My wife and I have found living missionally can be so fun.
Choose 2 of the following activities to participate in this week (Sept. 9-15). Don’t make excuses. Just Do It!
- Write a kind note to someone at school, work or a neighbor.
- Ask a friend, who’s on your heart, to go to coffee and practice your listening skills.
- Show how much you appreciate someone (teacher, co-worker) with a small gift.
- Choose a few co-workers, classmates, neighbors or friends to pray for often.
- Help clean or do other housework for an elderly person you know.
- Choose a peer or someone younger than you to aggressively pursue. Make known your availability. Don’t be passive in the relationship. Be aggressive and make sure they know you are there for them.
- Choose a specific store, gas station, coffee shop, etc to go to often and get to know the staff by name. Become a “regular.”
- Make up your own